In this workshop I aim to give you greater control over the way your pictures will look. (There will be an emphasis on portrait photography, especially photographing your children, but we will also touch on landscapes, action photography, arty shots and party shots if there is interest amongst the attendees for these subjects.)
You will gain a clear understanding of
- How to expose consistently and effectively (the exposure triangle of ISO, Shutter Speed and Aperture)
- Basic camera settings, when and how to use them
- The importance of good light, and how to find it
- How to compose your shots for impact
- How to engage your subject
And all without any techno babble and geeky jargon! By the end of the day you will be able to shoot confidently to get great shots by using the semi- auto modes on your camera. (Please note: Although we will briefly touch on photo editing, this workshop is about getting your photos right ‘in camera’; so we won’t be covering photo editing in a huge amount of detail. )
- I’ll share with you many tricks and tips that you won’t find in the books.
- You’ll take home a reader friendly manual that you can refer back to as you practice at home with your camera.
- Each attendee will take home a goody bag with vouchers and other delights.
- You’ll receive 2 weeks of email support after the workshop to help you with any issues or queries you might have,
- Access to a group Facebook page for participants of all my workshops, to share what you’ve learnt, post photos for critique, and for ongoing tips and support.
I’ve been photographing children and other animals professionally for over 3 years and everything else for a lot longer. I have learnt the hard way that what makes great photography is not expensive equipment, lighting setups and technical jargon, but a good eye, a willingness to learn, a rapport with your subject, and an ability to ‘see the light’.
I look forward to meeting you!